Powdered or solid graphite and encaustic:
- Create a silver-like surface
- Blend or glaze with encaustic colors
- Create atmospheric effects
- Use with stencils
- Create "carbon" paper for transfers
- Liquify (thin) to use as paint or (thick) to create texture/stamping
- Use incising, scraping, oil sticks, glaze, and virtually any technique used in encaustic painting.
- Make graphite encaustic paint for monoprinting/painting
- Modify existing encaustic colors
- Transfer drawings and photo copies
India Ink and encaustic:
- Use with brushes and tools for expressive mark-making
- Create "skins" with texture and movement
- Draw onto encaustic or wax medium with pen and ink
- Research and use other carbon materials, such as charcoal soot, and smoke
We cover and follow the use of health and safety recommendations for materials and equipment.
SKILLS NEEDED: Basic Encaustic Painting
Right image: P. Roland, Newlandia Series, "Rip Up the Map", ink and encaustic on panel, 46" x 30"