Gathering to share our passion for art is the foundation of
the Catalyst Art Lab Membership Community.
CAL Community Membership Includes
- 10% discount on all Catalyst Art Lab courses
- Ongoing artist mentorship and creative support
- Optional small accountability groups for inspiration and motivation
- Critiques and feedback opportunities
- Artist interviews, challenges, tips and demos
- VIP early access enrollment for all classes
- Tools and resources to help you learn and grow
- Social Media exposure/promotion
- Annual Members Exhibition in Chicago
- And more!
Scroll down to learn more about how you can benefit from being a CAL Community Member.
"I am delighted to be a member of this vibrant community! The artist/teachers are so generous and provide numerous ways to inform, inspire, and encourage us whether it is enjoying the recorded Monday M ashups, presentations from Gallery directors, engaging in zoom calls with well known artists in the states and abroad, having your work critiqued by an artist/teacher, or participating in the many “challenge groups” (such as “31 paintings in a month,” “31 paintings in a year,“ “paint parameters,” and others). We also have a book club.
At the beginning of this year, members had the opportunity to exhibit in “Viral Collaboration” at the Bridgeport Art Center in Chicago. The exhibition was conceived by Helen Dannelly and Jeff Hirst- two of the co-founders of Catalyst Art Lab.
It is a generous community and there are also those who help behind the scenes. We are so fortunate to be able to engage with artists around the world through the membership site and our zoom events. It has been a rewarding experience particularly through the difficult times of the pandemic.
I have had the opportunity to meet new friends and artists, hear them discuss their work, and be both inspired and encouraged by them through this membership. Over the past year, I have seen my own art practices improve.
I encourage you to become a member of Catalyst Art Lab!"
~ Terrie C.
The Catalyst Art Lab membership community is for artists like you who:
are looking for support,
encouragement & mentoring
want to grow creatively
share our passion
want a place to connect
with other artists
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN!
Don’t miss out on the next chance to join a thoughtful, robust group of artists who love to learn and grow!
Artists have long known that true success comes from community.
And success as an artist is so much more than selling your work or getting into a gallery. It is about expressing ourselves authentically and bearing our souls through our work.
Artist communities like CAL are a safe and positive place to learn, a way to meet new artists and make friends, express and push ourselves and most importantly they encourage us do the work and grow.
The Catalyst Art Lab membership community gives you:
- A place to connect with other artists
- An opportunity to engage in discussions on art topics important to you
- A chance to get helpful feedback on your work
- A “creative home base” where you can find inspiration and support (I deleted “mentoring” as we are trying to make the community a place where members connect with one another, not look to us for guidance)
- A variety of curated resources to help you progress in your art making
The Three Pillars of the CAL Community
- Weekly office hours
- Weekly critiques
- Professional Development
- Support & Encouragement
- Strategies for “getting unstuck”
- Demos—tips & techniques
- Book, videos & podcast recommendations
- Art supply recommendations & demos
- Exhibition opportunities
- Engage with others
- Special discussion forums on various mediums
- Virtual conferences
- Interviews with artists & art professionals
What is the Catalyst Art Lab Membership Community?
The CAL Membership Community
is a members-only community hosted on a private platform designed for artists like you with content thoughtfully curated by the Catalyst Art Lab Team to serve your needs and interests.
Members engage in robust and lively discussions on topics ranging from medium specific forums, marketing and selling your work, professional development and tips and techniques to member spotlight, requesting feedback, and book, video and podcast recommendations.
Each month you have access to:
- Weekly office hours with one of the CAL Team artists. Ask us anything about your art practice. Let us know how we can we help!
- Weekly live critique sessions. Submit your work to be selected for our weekly critique and get exactly the feedback you’re looking for.
- Discussion Forums in various mediums of your choosing. Tap the community for their knowledge, post what you’re working on, share your successes. Learn from one another and from us.
- Tips and Techniques – access to demos on processes and practices in various mediums.
- Materials Demos. The CAL Team videos feature recommended art materials that we use, how we use them and how you might use them in your work.
- Interviews with Artists and Arts Professionals. Insights into the art practice of working artists, their work, and careers. Learn from their successes and experiences. Art professionals such as gallerists, curators, etc. share their insights about the art world.
- Monthly Book Review – Read reviews about suggested art books from the CAL Team and other members.
- Artist Videos – reviews of suggested videos about individual artists and the lessons they impart relevant to your creative practice.